Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats



These are one of my most favorite treats of all time, they are like chocolate crack. My mom has been making these since I was a little girl, the only thing is that I can only remember her making them at Christmas. Almost everyone has heard of marshmallow rice krispy treats but almost no one has heard of or had a chocolate rice krispy treat. Come to think of it, I have never seen these for sale at any supermarket or bakery... that makes them even more special.
My mom and I made these this year at Christmas so I included some pictures of how she traditionally decorates them. Super easy - grocery store bought icing tubes in green and red with a little leaf tip on the green and voila! You have holly! I couldn't resist and wanted to make them for St. Patricks day this year only instead of holly I made little clovers on top with store bought vanilla icing that I died green. Just as cute, and just as fun to eat. If you like chocolate you will love these. Enjoy...

Ingredients:
  • 11 1/2 oz package (2 cups) Milk chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
  • 4 cups kellogs rice krispies
Directions:

Combine milk chocolate morsels, butter and corn syrup in a medium sized saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat - stir in vanilla extract and sugar. Add the rice krispies mixing carefully until well coated. Spread evenly in a 13x9x2 pan and chill until firm, best overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails