- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3-4) could use a little more depending on how much banana flavor like.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate bar broken up
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and bananas, beating thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
3. Divide batter in half. Add the cocoa to one portion of the batter. Spread that portion in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. I found this to be a bit difficult, helps if you place spoonfuls of the batter around the bottom of the pan and use a spatula to help spread them together. Spoon remaining batter on top, swirling gently with butter knife if desired, and sprinkle with chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until batter tests done with a toothpick or fork. Cool completely and cut into 24 squares. These are amazing warm.