Monday, April 12, 2010

Tree Stand




I absolutely love this idea. A few years ago when I was buying my Christmas tree I noticed that they throw away all the ends of the trees when they make a fresh cut for the customer. First I noticed how amazing they smelled, better then any holiday candle you can buy... only that wears off after a few days. Second, I thought they would make a great holiday centerpiece on my kitchen table. I got some garland to go around the stumps at the Christmas tree farm and added some red berries from the craft store to make a easy and inexpensive centerpiece. Unfortunately that was before my blog days so I don't have any photos to share.

Good news is that during my recent blog surfing I came across this great idea from Once Wed, same thought process as my centerpiece but they have taken it to the next level. They call it a rustic wedding cake stand but I can see this being used in the spring time as well. Another blog that I love Design Sponge did a similar design for a wedding post they recently did. Whatever the reason I think this is a great way to showcase a simple desert or even a wedding cake.

What you will need:
  1. Cut piece of wood- can be round or oval it really doesn't matter as long as its big enough to hold your desert. You can get these at Michael's or any craft store
  2. Cut tree limb- make sure they are cut flat otherwise you desert will look like something out of Alice in Wonderland.
  3. Wood glue
Honestly- this is super easy, follow the images below and you will be on your way to not only a beautiful cake stand but a different one that no one else will have.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to have found your blog. I've been browsing through your posts and happily found this treasure. These cake stands are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the how-tos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails