It's fall and in Texas that means somewhat normal temperatures. I believe that it's the best time of the year to live here, high's of 65 lows of 40... my favorite. To celebrate I have been baking anything with pumpkin since it is the ultimate fall ingredient. I am surprised my local grocery store hasn't run out yet since I have been buying a ridiculous amount. A few years ago a friend of my gave me this super simple recipe that is sure to cure a fall craving. These are great for a lazy Sunday with a big cup of coffee. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or a little more :-)
- Cinnamon/Sugar mixture to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a cupcake pan or muffin pan with your liners. I used cupcake pans for mine since I like them a little smaller.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together pumpkin, eggs, and butter.
- Carefully add your dry ingredients and mix until well combined, don't over mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a spoon, fill each cupcake liner up 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 min.