Monday, September 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



I took Friday off of work to try and catch up on life. Fun stuff like dry cleaning, pharmacy, oh and let's not forget laundry and dishes. In the middle of all the fun I decided to take another stab at some Oatmeal cookies, I found this recipe on Pixie Baker and I thought it sounded and looked like one worth trying and I was right. These cookies in my opinion are better than the last batch. Rather than light and fluffy these are more thin and dense. Don't get me wrong, the last batch had it's perks but these are more my style. The addition of the peanut butter isn't overpowering, in fact you can hardly tell it's there. It does however add a level of gooey sweetness that really makes this cookie a winner. If you don't want to use chocolate chips raisins would work beautifully as well. I hope you guys try this one out this fall, I promise they will not disappoint.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used reduced fat and it worked very nicely)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Ghiradelli's 60% cocoa chips are great here)

Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium speed. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Using a wooden spoon stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Pour dough onto plastic wrap and form a disk, wrap tightly and chill for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Use a small ice cream scoop or your hands to form about 3 tbl of dough. Drop onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 min, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on a wire rack. Note: The cookies should appear slightly under baked when you take them out of the oven, remember they will continue to cook as the cool and harden up on you.

Makes about 16 cookies.

2 comments:

  1. угостите меня печенькой!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellyn! These are sinfully delicious!!! Piper (4yrs) and I made them together this afternoon. The peanut butter and the cinnamon are so subtle, you wouldn't guess that they were in there. Yet, they give the cookies such a rich, unique flavor. I didn't sift the dry ingredients (4yr old needed instant gratification) and I used JIF peanut butter. They still came out de-lish! I have already had 4...I just hope I can stop! Thanks Kellyn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails