It's hot out, and it is also the day after 4th of July, I think that calls for something refreshing and easy! My Aunt had given me a recipe for Lemon Bars a few years ago which is lovely but I adapted it a little bit to make them bigger (I guess Texas is rubbing off on me) and I also made a few small changes to the crust. I think they turned out really nice. What I like most about the recipe is that it is easy, probably one of the easiest lemon bar recipes you will ever try. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbl light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 tbl flour
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- additional confectioners sugar for dusting
- Combine, flour, powdered sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl using a pastry cutter. Pat into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan, Bake at 350 for 20 min.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice until frothy, stir in lemon zest. Pour over hot crust. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min or until light brown.
- Cool on a wire rack, dust with confectioners sugar, and cut into squares.
Crust ready to go into the oven
Filling added to the top of the hot crust ready to be baked for 20-25 min or until golden brown