Cookies are my favorite, and chocolate chip cookies are my ultimate favorite. Seriously, you can ask most anyone I know that I will always opt for a chocolate chip cookie over any other when given a choice. I'm not sure what it is about them that make them so good, is it the cookie part or the chocolate chip part? I think it must be a combination of the both, with that said I couldn't think of a better way to add to that amazing combination than to add one of America's favorite cookies - the Oreo. Oreo's are by far the best cookie to dip in milk. (It is a mandatory to eat these cookies with a tall glass of cold milk) I came across this recipe after once again reading one of my favorite blogs Lovin from the Oven. This is a cookie within a cookie, or maybe I should call them 3 cookies in one cookie. Super easy, and sooo good. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Lovin from the Oven.
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour,baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mix tothe we mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop a ball of cookie dough on top of the Orean and another below, sandwiching the Oreo in between. Flatten the cookie dough and seal the edges, completely covering the Oreo.
- Place the cookies at least 2 inches apart on a baking sheet covered in parchment. Bake for 8-13 minutes.